Release status: beta
|Description||Can prevent inclusion of thumbnails on non-allowed pages|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||6 (Ranked 169th)|
|Translate the AControlImageLink extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
With the AControlImageLink extension, you can configure some uploaded image to be includable (via
[[File:Name.png|thumb]]) only into the pages where you allow this image to be.
- the image contains spoilers for the movie, and you want to show it only on pages that are marked as "Can contain spoilers" (and have Disclaimers/Warnings). If so, you can allow this image to be included only into these whitelisted pages.
- in conjunction with Extension:AccessControl - for some permission tweaks.
How this works:
<accesscontrol>HasSpoilers</accesscontrol>, then articles without this exactly the same
accesscontroltag won't render
[[File:Something.pdf]]syntax. (a link to image description page is shown instead of thumbnail)
- Files without
accesscontroltag are not restricted.
- Only files with extensions listed in
$wgAControlImageLinkRestrictedExtensionsarray (default: empty) are restricted.
wfLoadExtension( 'AControlImageLink' ); $wgAControlImageLinkRestrictedExtensions = [ 'pdf' ];
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'AControlImageLink' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.