Note: This extension is bundled with MediaWiki 1.18 and above. Thus you do not have to download and extract the extension as described. However, you still need to follow the other instructions provided.
Release status: stable
|Description||Enhances parser with logical and string functions|
|Latest version||1.6.0 (2014-03-28)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the ParserFunctions extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The ParserFunctions extension enhances the wikitext parser with helpful functions, mostly related to logic and string-handling. Since MediaWiki 1.15, ParserFunctions has incorporated most (but not all) of the functions from the StringFunctions extension, which may be enabled or disabled (See the install instructions below).
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'ParserFunctions' );
- Configure as required, e.g. if you want to use the integrated string function functionality, add just after that line:
$wgPFEnableStringFunctions = true;
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing extensions using
wfLoadExtension(), since MediaWiki 1.25. If you need to install this extension in earlier versions, instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'ParserFunctions' );, you need to use:
- Allows to activate the integrated string function functionality (see StringFunctions). The default value is
- Defines the maximum length of a string that string functions are allowed to operate on. The default value is
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|