Engineering Community Team/Meetings/2013-03-12
March 12th agenda
Quim: drafting https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil/Contributors - early feedback welcome.
mobile file upload testing
Was the mobile team happy? was it useful?
- yes. It was a release-like experience - public pressure from real users. Helped them understand what they have for users.
- We ought to narrow the topic *further* - mobile app OR mobile web.
For testing activities, CLEAR STEPS ARE ESSENTIAL.
- It wasn't obvious whether people needed to be registered. It's not trivial for the average Wikipedia user to figure that out.
- Maybe the first exercise should have been signin/register workflow. AND ONLY THAT.
What were the numbers? After Quim gets the data, let's talk about whether this was successful & why, & how to replicate http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mobile_QA/Commons_uploads#Results We don't know how many people were involved.
- We'll have better data this week because Željko, Quim & Chris will be the ones who already have that data
- In the future, predefine what data we want so we can get it from partner teams better
This week's search exercise
QA: Browser automation testing for Wikipedia Search http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Browser_testing/Search_features What are the success metrics?
- Chris would like to see ~10 edits to the backlog page http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Qa/test_backlog
- How many people whom we didn't expect make the edits? And how many of them are not WMFers?
- Goal: 5 scenarios written by 5 volunteers
for the next one, let's get it together further in advance.
March 13th. Just be aware. https://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/03/11/lua-templates-faster-more-flexible-pages/ - community-focused post
- Sumana drafting technical post for this Wed.
- Valerie finishing blog post
- Mariya working on draft of data sources guide, FAQ
Quim: final showcase/meeting?
- Next week: Quim meeting each mentor/mentee pair to ask how things are going; last week, a get-together
OSBridge talk deadline extended http://opensourcebridge.org/blog/2013/03/were-extending-our-call-for-proposals/ Saturday, March 23 at 11:59 p.m.
Consider http://2013.texaslinuxfest.org/ , Valerie!
- May 24-26, Amsterdam Hackathon
- June 10-12, Selenium Conference
- Submitted talks/workshops for a couple of local open source conferences, waiting for reply (May 15-17, September 06-07)
- Mar 11 (Jury duty)
- Mar 18 (PTO)
- Apr 22-25 (Google Test Automation Conference, NYC)
- May 2-5 (Telerik Test Summit Peer Conference, Austin TX)
- May 24-26 Amsterdam Hackathon
- Aug 4-10 Agile2013 (not certain but likely)
Valerie looking for an idea for Grace Hopper - March 15th is deadline Time off:
- Chris: day off Mar 18
- Sumana: day off this Thursday Mar 14