Engineering Community Team/Meetings/2012-03-27

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TLDR meeting, 27 March 2012

Attending: Mark, Sumana, Guillaume Chris ill RobLa - vacation

List of projects[edit]

  • Project plan for QA testing
  • QA FY 2013 planning
  • Code review meistering
  • 1.19 stuff: deployment & release support
  • Git and Gerrit migration
  • SWIFT deployment support
  • TMH testing
  • Editor Engagement testing
  • Bug Triage
    • Individual developer assignment work (what bugs are assigned to whom)
  • Testing infrastructure
  • Bugzilla application management
  • Wikimedia blog maintenance
  • Training documentation
  • Monthly report
  • Communications support
  • Engineering project documentation
  • Recruiting/hiring
  • Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)
    • Conferences in general
  • Gerrit project owner groups
  • Recruitment/encouragement
    • GSOC
    • UCOSP
  • Dev community metrics

Who's doing what (this week)[edit]

Chris: Project plan for QA testing, QA fiscal year 2013 planning, testing project for TimedMediaHandler, working with Antoine to get testing infrastructure in place on Labs, testing Editor Engagement software Mark: 1.19 Deployment support, bug triage, BZ application management, volunteer recruiting & encouragement Guillaume: Monthly report, catching up, Berlin arrangements RobLa: Recruiting/hiring, 1.19 deployment followup, Git migration, Budget, meetings meetings meetings Sumana: Volunteer recruiting and encouragement (including GSoC and UCOSP), hackathons and events/conferences in general, engineering project documentation (git), Gerrit project ownership


Chris[edit]

Chris is out of the office today and says: "Went to Test Automation Bazaar, learned a lot. Spiked browser automation Trying to work with labs, which is slow and UploadWizard is failing"

Project plan for QA testing[edit]

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/testing Chris to talk to Siebrand/Niklas

Fiscal Year 2013 planning[edit]

Rob, Sumana, Chris https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/2012-13_Goals#Wikimedia_technical_community https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/2012-13_Goals#QA_Engineering_and_Continuous_Integration

Code review meistering[edit]

The new Git has awesomely negated the need for this? Or should I just prod things towards merging. finding stale commits turning patches into branches extension review queue deploy shorturl?

1.19 stuff: deployment & release support[edit]

last couple of bugs being addressed https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/query.cgi?resolution=---&target_milestone=1.19.0%20release

Git and Gerrit migration[edit]

Sumana to do more project management here

chasing a bunch of work

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=22596&hide_resolved=0

SWIFT deployment support[edit]

(Chris not in this call)

TimedMediaHandler testing[edit]

(Chris not in this call)

Editor Engagement testing[edit]

(Chris not in this call)

Bug Triage[edit]

API triage? -- fail from lack of publicity or interest

   next time: try individual outreach to DarTar, other API people, mediawiki-api mailing list

Git triage? -- what would we cover? doesn't look like any new bugs are there. There will be by Thurs :-)

Individual developer assignment work (what bugs are assigned to whom)[edit]

Will see if anything needs handling right now. need to look at 1.20 roadmap and figure out what to target. can wait till next week

Testing infrastructure[edit]

(Chris not in this call)

Bugzilla application management[edit]

Git integration? API doesn't have the stuff in it that Mark wants.... there might be another approach

Wikimedia blog maintenance[edit]

Probably still on hold this week in favor of the Monthly report; should be resumed next week

Training documentation[edit]

Nothing this week Coming up in April: work on ResourceLoader/Gadgets 2.0 docs & security training docs

Monthly report[edit]

This week is the last week of the month, so please make sure there is a status update for your projects, ideally today

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_engineering_report/2012/March

Communications support[edit]

Nothing this week, except maybe processing the staff photos if time allows

Engineering project documentation[edit]

Guillaume updating pages while putting together the monthly report Sumana to improve https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Gerrit_project_ownership and https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Labsconsole_accounts and ask for Guillaume's help if she can't figure it out

Recruiting/hiring[edit]

Rob; not in this meeting

Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)[edit]

Sumana doing general planning, making Berlin reg form

Conferences in general[edit]

Various talks have been submittedl OSBridge CfP now open till 30 March.

Gerrit project owner groups[edit]

Sumana needs to start regular ownership-addition procedure

Recruitment/encouragement[edit]

Sumana & Mark continuing to do this.

GSoC[edit]

Proposals are coming in. Sumana needs to do some administrative work re mentors, students, backup admin

UCOSP[edit]

Wiktionary template social engineering held up on friction with the Wiktionary community checked in with Amgine

Dev community metrics[edit]

On hold, waiting for Claudia to do some Bugzilla-related stuff in March (Claudia told me that her focus has really been elsewhere so she hasn't had time to do this.)

Misc[edit]

Renaming group

  • Chris out of office today
  • Rob out-of-office this week