Engineering Community Team/Meetings/2012-03-20

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TLDR meeting, 20 March 2012

Attending: Mark, Sumana, Chris McMahon Guillaume on vacation RobLa - experimenting with letting him sleep in :-)

List of projects[edit]

  • Project plan for QA testing
  • QA FY 2013 planning
  • Code review meistering
  • 1.19 stuff: deployment & release support
  • Git and Gerrit migration
  • SWIFT deployment support
  • TMH testing
  • Editor Engagement testing
  • Bug Triage
    • Individual developer assignment work (what bugs are assigned to whom)
  • Testing infrastructure
  • Bugzilla application management
  • Wikimedia blog maintenance
  • Training documentation
  • Monthly report
  • Communications support
  • Engineering project documentation
  • Recruiting/hiring
  • Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)
    • Conferences in general
  • Commit Access
  • Recruitment/encouragement
    • GSOC
    • UCOSP
  • Dev community metrics


Who's doing what (this week)[edit]

Chris: Project plan for QA testing, QA fiscal year 2013 planning, testing project for TimedMediaHandler, working with Antoine to get testing infrastructure in place on Labs, testing Editor Engagement software Mark: 1.19 Deployment support, bug triage, BZ application management, volunteer recruiting & encouragement Guillaume: off this week RobLa: Recruiting/hiring, 1.19 deployment followup, Git migration, Budget, meetings meetings meetings Sumana: Commit access, volunteer recruiting and encouragement (including GSoC and UCOSP), hackathons and events/conferences in general, engineering project documentation (git)


Project plan for QA testing[edit]

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/testing Chris to talk to Siebrand/Niklas

Fiscal Year 2013 planning[edit]

Rob, Sumana, Chris have to have prelim plans by 20 March Rob & Sumana disappearing much of today & tomorrow

Code review meistering[edit]

Unreviewed code will get into Gerrit, get reviewed there.

1.19 stuff: deployment & release support[edit]

How did the triage go?

We got the # of bugs down from about 38 to 4, for the tarball Mark to track someone down for these

Git and Gerrit migration[edit]

We have the opportunity to do more training. Set expectations: March-April: more training, productivity hit

a top priority for sumana chasing a bunch of work

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=22596&hide_resolved=0

SWIFT deployment support[edit]

Trying to move to Swift originals at end of May, effort soon (this month) to test it on deployment infrastructure

Chris trying to keep in Ben's loop re this

TimedMediaHandler testing[edit]

Dev is complete, extension is available on Commons Lab, there's a bit of a test plan

Editor Engagement testing[edit]

Chris met with Fabrice et al., figuring out stuff. There are features in various states of progress being tracked in lots of different docs. Chris meeting with Ian. This is pretty high priority

Bug Triage[edit]

Mark is seeing significant issues with API & Gadgets. Mark to plan triage about it this week. Thurs or Fri

Individual developer assignment work (what bugs are assigned to whom)[edit]

hiatus this week

Testing infrastructure[edit]

Emulation wikis on Commons - updating of wikis to new versions, undocumented ad hoc process. Chris aims to get that standardized, and aims to eventually make those the standard testing env for staff, volunteers, & Chris http://labs.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:SiteMatrix

Beta Labs! continuing. Chris coordinating with Timo & Antoine

Bugzilla application management[edit]

Git integration

Wikimedia blog maintenance[edit]

(G on vacation)

Training documentation[edit]

Nothing this week

Monthly report[edit]

Please continue to add updates for your work as regularly as possible.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_engineering_report/2012/March (G on vacation)

Communications support[edit]

(G on vacation)

Engineering project documentation[edit]

(G on vacation)

Recruiting/hiring[edit]

Rob; not in this meeting

Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)[edit]

Sumana doing general planning, figuring out Berlin attendance

Conferences in general[edit]

Various talks have been submittedl OSBridge CfP now open till 30 March

Commit Access[edit]

Sumana wrote giant email, needs to revise some mediawiki.org pages http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/59681

Recruitment/encouragement[edit]

Sumana & Mark continuing to do this.

GSoC[edit]

Approved; Monday 26th is when formal proposals will start coming in

UCOSP[edit]

Wiktionary template social engineering held up on friction with the Wiktionary community

Dev community metrics[edit]

On hold, waiting for Claudia to do some Bugzilla-related stuff in March

Misc[edit]

  • Chris out of office Thurs & Fri
  • Rob out-of-office week of Mar 26
  • Guillaume: vacation / travel March 15th–25th

Mark leaving us, end of May