Engineering Community Team/Meetings/2011-06-28
Open Source Bridge was good. I gave three presentations that were well-received ["Learn Tech Management in 45 Minutes," "What's New in MediaWiki 1.17 and How You Can Help," and "Nerdy Stand-up Comedy" (my 25-minute routine)]. I recruited some volunteers to work on MediaWiki stuff, gave out lots of fliers describing open WMF positions and developed a few promising candidates, and schmoozed a LOT. During the closing ceremonies, I was named one of three Open Source Citizens by the conference. User:Sumanah/TODO
- Sumana: look into getting Wikia people commit access. Who already has it?
SPQRobin is tearing it up on #6100! (RTL)
Debian HipHop package started
Theme tonight: production-related bugs. Right people for triage attendance? Mark is preparing for that.
< absent >
- Mostly project pages & status updates
- Communications support for blog posts, outage, etc.
- Monthly report week
- I'll ask some more info from you guys to finish the report
- Preparation for SF, Haifa, etc.
- Platform Engineering (hiring) blog post
- Working with Sam and ErikZ while they're in the office
- OWA blog post (reminder: m:Wikimedia Blog/Guidelines )
- Various firefighting exercises