Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the weekly update for the week starting 2017-08-21
- Daniel added the ability to create derivative features in the learning to rank plugin (task T168441)
- Erik also built an oozie job to collect click data for the learn to rank plugin (task T162054)
- Jan fixed a minor UI bug with the sister project snippet display for when TextCat determines that a user might be searching in a different language (task T172345)
- Trey wrote up an analysis of unexpected behavior when searching for Japanese words on English Wiktionary. (task T173650). Input from Japanese speakers and others who search for Japanese on wikis in other languages is welcome!
- Last week Trey disabled the indexing of punctuation on Chinese Wikipedia. The new language analyzer does a lot of good things, but indexing punctuation isn't helpful and wastes a lot of space in the index. We still need to re-index the Chinese wikis (task T173464) to make this active.
- Mikhail added map layer metrics to event logging for mapframe (task T171020)
- Chelsy has the draft analysis ready for the A/B explore similar test (task T164857)
- Mikhail and Guillaume have been working on fixing the issue with metrics not being available (due to a variety of reasons); it's not completely fixed yet, but we're working on it (task T174110)
- The Wikiversity logo was updated (task T160491)
- The portal stats (task T128546) and translations (task T142582) were updated on Aug 24, 2017
- TheDJ (community volunteer) migrated Kartographer to Leaflet 1.x as part of the Montreal Hackathon 2017(task T147347)
Did you know?
- You can activate all the possible search result options (spelling correct, offer to create the page, a local result, sister project results, and cross-language results) with the query max planck wissenschaftliche sich night on English Wikipedia—it's too much search awesomeness for one page to contain! And it's why we need to figure out a general framework for dealing with everything (task T156019) before adding more options, like "wrong keyboard" detection (task T138958).
- Everyone is encouraged  to upload pictures of the solar eclipse from Aug 21, 2017 to Wikimedia Commons. If you have pictures, share; if you want to see some great pictures, there are already many there!