This is the weekly update for the week starting 2016-09-12
- We had a Discernatration demo with free pizza on Tuesday, Sep 13 that was a success!
- Several Discovery team members attended a Product and Tech on-site two day meeting in the SF office
- Mikhail and Chelsy attended an Analyst on-site two day meeting in the SF office
Events and News
- updated language article stats on Wikipedia.org
- updated the language list dropdown button phrase to now display: Read Wikipedia in your language
- updated the metadata description for Wikipedia to read: Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia, created and edited by volunteers around the world and hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Automagically fixed ÿ in Spécial:IndexPages search by implementing ascii-folding in French
- Tried to update to to ElasticSearch plugins to 2.4.0 but found out we couldn't because our analysis plugins are not compatible
- Added defaultsearchkeys to wiki search autocomplete
- Fixed bug - mwgrep and "insource:" search is missing lots of pages in its index
- Make elasticsearch actually have shard allocation awareness
- Fixed bug - "You may create the page" suggestion does not appear if search contains 'AND', 'OR', 'NOT' anywhere in search even when these are not used as special syntax
- Updated WikimediaMaintenance/addWiki.php to create cirrus indices on all available clusters
- Tried finding ways to combine cirrus search logs with engagement data
- Added event logging for the Wikipedia portal to capture the language selected in the search box
- Added updated the mobile dashboard for new features added in event logging
- Added 'other' pageviews to the dashboard accounting for 'keep alive' and other hits to the Wikipedia.org page
- Updated data access guidelines search logs from flourine to hive
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- We started to experiment with ORES WP10 as new relevance factor in fulltext search queries T145644
- There's a new glossary of search-related terms available on mediawiki.org. Feel free to request additional definitions!