Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the weekly update for the week starting 2016-06-06
Events and News
- Portal team added several files for the wikipedia.org page:
- Portal team launched a new A/B test for collapsing the long list of languages by article count
- Analysis team finished research on how long a 'typical' session lasts on the portal
- Analysis team helped with defining better data collection for the Search team's TextCat A/B test
- Elasticsearch clusters for search have been upgraded to version 2.3.3 with almost no user impact (Translation memories were unavailable for a short period of time). This opens the way to new cool features!
- Maps has launched for English Wikivoyage (demo)
- 3 new maps servers have been installed in EQIAD datacenter and are being configured
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Portal team will soon re-launch a survey with new/improved bucketing to get more responses on the question of 'how did visitors arrive at the portal?'
- The Reading and Portal teams have been collaborating on designs for adding app download badges on the portal
- The Internationalization and Portal teams have been collaborating on how to add in translations to the sister project descriptive text phrases
- Data visualization hackathon is happening in Seattle on July 22nd. Lets build beautiful graphs and charts for Wikipedia.