Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the weekly update for the week starting 2016-05-30
- Trey completed a quick survey of the effects of removing quotes and trailing question marks from poorly-performing queries.
- There's now a Phab ticket to look into removing training question marks from queries.
Events and News
- Released language detection and re-sorting of top 10 languages to wikipedia.org portal
- Draft completion of analysis on how long a typical session is on the wikipedia portal
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Chris (our community liaison) presented at EMWCon on what Technical Collaboration does for MediaWiki admins and developers. There was a small mention of the work of Discovery, which was well received.
- Jan did a CREDIT showcase demo for the new language detection on the portal
- Trey did a CREDIT showcase presentation for the TextCat language detection demo
- The demo is available to try.
- Katie Horn started her first week as Director, Head of Discovery