Globals need to die. When everything in MediaWiki is class-based, globals break a lot of the time. This is a list of all the biggest violaters of the "no-globals" style.
- All configuration variables — Replace with new Conf class (harder than it looks: Requests for comment/Configuration database)
- wgConf — Kill it with fire (and replace with new Conf class)
- wgPageProps — Replace with PageProps class
- wgTitle — Use the proper newFrom* functions; Various instances of classes like OutputPage and Article you may be working with will have their own getTitle() that should be used
- wgLang — Replace with User::getLang()
These are argued to only be hiding the problem, not solving it. They should be considered either way.
- wgUser — Replace with User::current().
- wgOut — Ideally, replace with a proper output system
- wgArticle — Use the proper newFrom* functions. Deprecated in r88588, removed from 1.20 in r111168.
- wgHooks — Hooks class (since r80435)