Continuous integration meetings/2015-04-07/Minutes

From mediawiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

#wikimedia-office: CI weekly meeting[edit]

Meeting started by hashar at 12:59:53 UTC. The full logs are available at https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2015/wikimedia-office.2015-04-07-12.59.log.html .


Meeting summary[edit]

  • CI isolation status (hashar, 13:19:29)
    • LINK: CI isolation status board https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/continuous-integration-isolation/board/ (hashar, 13:20:24)
    • Antoine had a meeting with Chase / Andrew B and Greg last Friday. We are going to set up a server in labs subnet to support nodepool (hashar, 13:20:58)
    • LINK: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T95045 install/deploy labnodepool1001 (hashar, 13:21:26)
    • talked about puppetizing Jenkins configuration and even setting up an entirely new Zuul etc architecture in parallel (hashar, 13:21:54)
    • ACTION: Antoine to update CI isolation architecture and reply to Chase/Andrew B questions from last meeting. (hashar, 13:22:20)
    • Next meeting Friday April 10th 7pm UTC. (hashar, 13:22:41)
    • Labs precise instances are now using the Debian zuul package. Not puppetize though. (hashar, 13:23:38)
    • ACTION: Antoine to puppetize zuul Debian package (hashar, 13:25:54)
    • ACTION: Antoine to migrate gallium Zuul install to Debian package (hashar, 13:26:13)
    • ACTION: Antoine to build and deploy Trusty Zuul Debian package (hashar, 13:26:25)
    • LINK: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/ OpenStack infrastructure team mailing list (they maintain Zuul/Nodepool) (hashar, 13:29:21)
  • labs instances creation (hashar, 13:44:26)
    • integration-slave-precise* instances created / deleted because of puppet errors. Should be all fixed now (hashar, 13:48:21)
    • IDEA: only create a single instance to verify puppet pass instead of spawning five we will end up deleting anyway. (hashar, 13:48:45)
    • ACTION: Antoine to mail QA/labs about the DNS resolver and puppet master corruption on integration labs project (hashar, 13:56:06)
  • next meeting date and time (hashar, 13:57:05)
    • 2pm UTC is a bit too early for SF. Monday is rush hours for some (hashar, 13:59:55)
    • AGREED: Next meetings moved from Mondays 13:00 UTC to Tuesday 14:00 UTC (16:00 CET / 7:00 PST) (hashar, 14:00:53)
  • Rejoice (hashar, 14:01:16)
    • Congratulations on Krinkle and legoktm for all the hard work in March ! (hashar, 14:01:35)


Meeting ended at 14:02:22 UTC.


Action items[edit]

  • Antoine to update CI isolation architecture and reply to Chase/Andrew B questions from last meeting.
  • Antoine to puppetize zuul Debian package
  • Antoine to migrate gallium Zuul install to Debian package
  • Antoine to build and deploy Trusty Zuul Debian package
  • Timo to write his thoughts about the Workboard columns and potential usage
  • Antoine to mail QA/labs about the DNS resolver and puppet master corruption on integration labs project


People present (lines said)[edit]

  • hashar (194)
  • Krinkle (125)
  • legoktm (6)
  • wm-labs-meetbot` (3)
  • jzerebecki (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4 (http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot)