Continuous integration meetings/2015-03-30/minutes

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

#wikimedia-office: CI weekly meeting[edit]

Meeting started by hashar at 13:02:07 UTC. The full logs are available at https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2015/wikimedia-office.2015-03-30-13.02.log.html .


Meeting summary[edit]

  • next meeting (hashar, 13:03:08)
    • ACTION: Antoine to update calendar invite for next week (hashar, 13:03:19)
  • CI isolation status (hashar, 13:08:16)
  • Publish demo dir to doc.wikimedia.org (hashar, 13:11:53)
    • LINK: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T62143 (hashar, 13:12:33)
    • We should be able to craft a job that triggers doc-publish-sync job with source /demos/ and dest /visualeditor/<version>/demos/ (hashar, 13:14:43)
    • Not much time on Antoine side right now though. That task needs a volunteer. (hashar, 13:15:21)
  • l10n-bot self merging (hashar, 13:19:54)
    • LINK: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T91707 (hashar, 13:19:58)
    • l10n-bot switched last week to use CR+2 but bunch of repositories are failing tests. Current situation is no more tests are run at all. (hashar, 13:22:35)
    • ACTION: Figure out what we really want to do when l10n bot propose a patch. Antoine in favor of skipping tests on patch upload then CR+2 and gate-and-submit to merge patches. (hashar, 13:23:20)
  • Automatic config for extensions (hashar, 13:26:52)
    • LINK: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T92909 (hashar, 13:26:57)
    • Extensions are created in Gerrit but almost never have an initial set of CI jobs set for them. The task propose to have a wildcard to run a default set of jobs, that is made possible with the overhauling of job names which are almost indentical between repositories. (hashar, 13:28:15)
    • We will need add support for wildcard in Zuul layout. Need to be able to update/patch Zuul which depends on having it deployed via Debian package (hashar, 13:28:57)
    • ACTION: Antoine to make the task blocked by Zuul package deployment (hashar, 13:29:12)
    • Need a volunteer to write the python code and upstream it to OpenStack (hashar, 13:29:30)
  • Wikidata (hashar, 13:30:38)
    • WikidataTests browser test job now timeout after 4 hours. (hashar, 13:33:14)
    • The ridiculous long run time is due to our test runner taking 20-40 seconds before each scenario being run. See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T92613 (hashar, 13:33:53)
    • Some changes been blocked lacking review from +2ers. Apparently all sorted out. This meeting will be a good way to raise awareness on such blocking tasks. (hashar, 13:35:18)
  • misc (hashar, 13:36:32)
    • Next meeting Tuesday April 7th (Monday is Easter) (hashar, 13:37:01)


Meeting ended at 13:39:22 UTC.


Action items[edit]

  • Antoine to update calendar invite for next week
  • Antoine to fill a task regarding workspaces garbage collection
  • Need a champion to review/test/implement/deploy the git clone --shared described at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T93703#1144542
  • Antoine to deploy zuul package on a labs instance and generalize on all instances
  • Figure out what we really want to do when l10n bot propose a patch. Antoine in favor of skipping tests on patch upload then CR+2 and gate-and-submit to merge patches.
  • https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T91766 is for Gerritbot, not directly CI so leave it in #wikimedia-git-or-gerrit
  • Antoine to make the task blocked by Zuul package deployment


People present (lines said)[edit]

  • hashar (92)
  • jzerebecki (8)
  • wm-labs-meetbot (3)
  • zeljkof (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4 (http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot)