Fundamental Introduction to MediaWiki
|All other topics|
There are several ways to get in contact with other MediaWiki users or to get instant help.
These are good first steps:
- Register and add some info about yourself in your user page.
- Follow the News and our social media channels.
- Check the newsletters that you can subscribe to.
- Join connect IRC channel and perhaps more.
- Make sure you have an email address confirmed and email notifications enabled in your mediawiki.org preferences.
- "Watch" (click the star icon of) the pages you want to follow and perhaps contribute to.
- All the better if you find a MediaWiki Group that matches your location or interests!
== دردشات ==اهلا
انا لم افهمك
حسنا انا لم اسال اصلا لم افهم ساعدوني
- mediawiki-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list to ask for help with using or setting up MediaWiki.
- wikitech-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list for both MediaWiki and Wikimedia software development.
- mediawiki-announce (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is a low-traffic list for announcements of new MediaWiki releases and security updates (all messages also go to mediawiki-l).
- wikitech-ambassadors Announcements about upcoming changes on Wikimedia websites. This list is primarily aimed at end users of Wikimedia wikis, not the MediaWiki software in general.
Please check the archives first! All three lists are also available through Gmane which provides access as newsgroups or in various web-based formats, and includes its own archives and archive search.
تابع حسابات ميدياويكي:
تفاصيل أكثر على وسائل التواصل الاجتماعي
- The Wikimedia Blog has a tech section specifically for news and information from the Wikimedia Foundation’s Technology department (link - RSS feed).
- There are some tech blogs hosted on phabricator.
- The English Wikimedia planet blog aggregator sometimes contains tech stuff mixed in with posts mostly about non-technical aspects of Wikimedia projects.
English Wikipedia's Signpost has a regular technology report with content related to activity within Wikimedia Foundation’s Technology department. Also see Wikimedia's Tech/News, which covers all the technical activity happening across the Wikimedia movement.
- Wikimedia's Meta-Wiki was formerly where documents were managed and proposals were discussed before this site was started. There is still a lot of content there that has yet to be moved.
- Phabricator is where feature requests and bugs may be reported or browsed.
- Translatewiki is a MediaWiki site that allows collaborative translation, including of MediaWiki software.
For help with the MediaWiki software
There are a few forums around the internet where you can get help both with using MediaWiki and with setting up MediaWiki.
- Project:Support desk
- Wikimedia Developer Support (Discourse)
- MediaWiki Users forum (Unofficial)
- StackExchange's #mediawiki tag (RSS feed) (Unofficial)
- Reddit's MediaWiki group (Unofficial)
To discuss this site, MediaWiki.org
- Project:Current issues (الإنجليزية)