An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
Present: Brion (chair), Daniel, Gabriel, Roan, Tim, Kevin (notes)
- We had an IRC meeting on refactoring revision storage in the database https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2017/wikimedia-office.2017-05-10-21.02.html
- The RFC on deprecating the usage of PHP’s (un)serialize function was not approved after the Last Call period. There seems to be consensus on the goal, and there was good discussion on the details; however, proposal should now be amended to address the issues raised in the discussion. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T161647
- New RFC “PostgreSQL schema change for consistency with MySQL” https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T164898
- Input wanted on RFC “use index on rc_this_oldid” https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T139012
- Kickoff for work on MCR planned for the Vienna Hackathon. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Multi-Content_Revisions
- There will be no ArchCom meeting next week (May 17), due to people being on route to the hackathon. We may skip the week after the hackathon too (May 24).