An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
Present: Brion, Daniel (chair), Gabriel, Tim, Timo, Victoria, Kevin (notes), and someone in SF that I couldn’t identify
- Notable activity:
- Disabling LocalisationUpdate on WMF wikis is on track; looks like it’ll be rewritten rather than removed. phab:T158360
- CURL to become an optional dependency of MediaWiki, managed by composer
- Template styling RFC has reached agreement. phab:T155813
- Thumbnail API RFC has seen no acticity last week.phab:T66214
- Brion is working with Jaime on a tool to check for DB schema inconsistencies between server.
- Public meeting on Mobile Frontend Requirements
- Overview: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jlBl_qAIrGPF7zqOmK77Db8y4InO1j3qX1qqipzJNmc/edit
- Log: https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2017/wikimedia-office.2017-03-15-21.10.html
- Outcome: Collected feedback, will reiterate
- Using hangout was an experiment to see whether this is feasible and useful. We do not currently plan to make Hangout the default meeting mode. Observations:
- We failed to get the youtube stream to work.
- We did not come close to the 25 person limit for hangout.
- Using IRC for logging is useful. Relaying questions and notes between IRC and Hangout works, but takes effort.
- Please give feedback about using Hangout for this kind of meeting!
- No public meeting planned for next week (March 22)