An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
Present: Daniel (chair), Gabriel, Kevin (notes), Tim, Timo, Victoria (CTO)
- New MW core team is taking shape. Relationship to ArchCom to be worked out.
- IRC office hour on Feb 1st didn’t happen. The office hour about DB schema changes may happen on Feb 8th, pending confirmation from Brion.
- phab:T589: "image and oldimage table refactoring": Approved after last call.
- phab:T66214: "Define an official thumb API": Converging on a solution. Proceeding to concrete planning & last call period soon. Please review and comment now.
- phab:T122942: "Support language variants in the REST API": Marko and Corey driving the discussion forward. Both hope to find a solution that is consistent across APIs, but this requires coordination.
- phab:T155813: "Decide on storage and delivery method for TemplateStyles CSS": The Reading team is working towards device-specific styling for templates. They are looking for feedback on whether to store these styles on a separate page, and how to deliver these styles to the user. After brief discussion, ArchCom tentatively favors inline delivery; similarity to template-data would be good for consistency.
- Daniel is working on phab:T152425: "make use of varnish xkey" and phab:T154674: "HookRunner"; these are soon to become RFCs.