An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
Present: Daniel Kinzler, Tim Starling, Timo Tijhoff; Kevin Smith took notes.
- No RFC meeting on November 23, because Thanksgiving. We’ll have an ArchCom meeting though.
- Faidon to attend Nov 23 ArchCom meeting (let’s hope we have a quorum)
- ArchCom to discontinue phab events for archcom meetings (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E156). Will still use phab to plan RFC (IRC) meetings (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E66)
- Brief meeting minutes on mediawiki.org seem useful, DK will continue to write them
- Status update emails seemed useful, would be nice to resume, but who will write them?
- Review of external criticism of ArchCom:
- Reacts to RFCs instead of driving change. Re: ArchCom drives by filing and pushing RFCs, but could do more
- Much development past ArchCom (e.g. Authoid). Re: perhaps create a simple “needs archcom feedback” process on phab/gerrit. Perhaps re-purpose the Architecture tag, or use the RFC inbox.
- ArchCom should produce design and strategy guides / papers (SOA, DI, etc). Re: we could propose such and send them trough the RFC process.
- RFC shepherding burnup chart by Tim: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/report/burn/?project=PHID-PROJ-rbjxuel3iblwef6psnyz Obvious need to revise / revive shepherding process.
- ArchCom to continue revising RFC process