Architecture committee/2016-10-05

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda/Minutes[edit]

This section will also serve as the collaboratively edited minutes of the meeting, and will as the official minutes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions).  Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

10 minutes (starting 21:00 UTC)

  • Action items
    • Last week
      • (fill me in)
  • Review last week’s RfC office hour
    • E285  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E285
  • Update attendee list
    • In attendance:Brion, Tim, Gabriel, RobLa
    • Invited: Brion, Daniel, Gabriel, Kevin, Roan, RobLa, Tim, Timo
    • RSVP
      • yes: Brion, Tim, Gabriel, RobLa
      • no:
      • maybe/unknown:

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting?
    • Topic Magic links - Tim will chair
  • Conclude last week's "final comment period"? Do we have anything that should enter "final comment"?
  • For each upcoming meeting, do we anticipate the RFC moving into "final comment"?
  • Picking an RFC for next week:
    • Phab board triage
      • ArchCom-RfCs board - "Inbox" column
        • Phab:T147158 - Use YAML instead of JSON for structured on-wiki content
          • Brion will shepherd
          • Gabriel likes TOML (from Rust)
        • Phab:T147137 - JSON validation
          • Brion will shepherd
          • ACTION: Gabriel to comment on T147137
        • Phab:T146965 - Deprecation policy for PHP code in MediaWiki
          • Who owns each product (and who is empowered to decide)?
          • What is the interface to extensions?
          • Tim will shepherd
        • Phab:T129842 - Decide whether to have a "Code Review" committee / working group
          • ACTION: RobLa to review W38 transcript
      • Architecture board - "Discuss at next ArchCom Planning meeting" column
    • ArchComStatus discussion / ArchCom-Has-Shepherd board
      • Brion Vibber
        • ACTION: Tim to talk to Brion about next steps on MCR (possibly a wider Hangout) (goal: possibly spearheading an RFC)
        • ACTION: Brion and RobLa to meet about Dev Summit
      • Daniel Kinzler...
      • Gabriel Wicke
        • API driven frontend / offline
          • Working group kicked off last week. Meeting every 2 weeks (Thursday morning SF time).
          • Prototyping work ongoing (demo for streaming composition). First performance results for streaming response composition promising.
      • Rob Lanphier..
        • ACTION: Brion and RobLa to meet about Dev Summit
        • ACTION: document outcome of W38 ArchCom Planning discussion about T129842 Code Review Committee (E272)
        • WikiDev17
      • Roan Kattouw...
      • Tim Starling
        • ACTION: Tim to talk to Brion about next steps on MCR (possibly a wider Hangout) (goal: possibly spearheading an RFC)
      • Timo Tijhof
        • ACTION: Timo: figure out who should shepherd T133462 (load multi-file .js packages)
    • Are responsibilities balanced well between ArchCom members?
    • Which RFCs are listed as "needs triage"?
    • Do we have an RFC selected for next week's meeting?
      • CREDITS https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T139300

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)

generated from Architecture committee/MeetingNoteTemplate