Architecture committee/2016-06-22

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda timeline[edit]

  • Intro
    • Agenda bashing and action item check 21:00 (5 minutes)
    • Review last week's RfC office hour 21:05 (5 minutes)
  • RFC status update
    • RfC inbox triage 21:10 (10 minutes)
    • Shepherd assignments 21:20 (5 minutes)
    • Queue for future RfC office hours 21:25 (5 minutes)
  • Wrapup
    • Other business 21:30 (10 minutes)
    • Next week’s ArchCom agenda 21:40 (10 minutes)

Agenda details/Meeting summary[edit]

Intro section[edit]

  • Action items
    • Last week
      • ACTION: Brion and Daniel to set aside some time in July for Multi-Content Revisions (T107595)
        • Focus will be on the patch; walkthrough is hopeful as well
  • Review last week’s RfC office hour
    • ArchCom-RFC office hour 2016W24: 2016-06-15: Phab:E213 (E66/39)
      • T120452: Allow tabular datasets on Commons (or some similar central repository) (CSV, TSV, JSON, XML)
        • See also: comments in T124569 and T134426
        • Yuri filed T137929 during E213 (as requested in discussion)

RFC status update[edit]

main: Architecture committee/Status

Questions discussed:

  • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting? (E218) Brion
    • T137946 - RFC (WIP): develop Markdown support strategy for MediaWiki
  • Conclude last week's "final comment period"? Do we have anything that should enter "final comment"?
  • Do we have an RFC selected for next week's meeting?
    • Options : ACTION: Rob - announce these choices
      • curl support
      • language/runtime RFC
  • For each upcoming meeting, do we anticipate the RFC moving into "final comment"?
  • How does ArchCom-RfCs board look?
    • Where should anything in the inbox go?
    • T137926 - Require 'curl' PHP extension for MediaWiki
  • What is the most important thing each ArchCom member is shepherding? Anything blocked?
    • Brion Vibber
      • MCR, additional RFCs (multimedia/svg/instantcommons updates)
    • Tim Starling  
      • Conversation about replacing Tidy
      • ACTION (Rob): ask question on ops list about the place
      • ACTION (Rob [optional, lower priority]): provide update on Phab ticket that conversation is happening
      • ACTION (Rob): follow up with Faidon about filing a “limited menu of language options” RFC
        • Reasons
          • Developer familiarity
          • Ops Familiarity
    • Rob Lanphier
    • (absent: Gabriel, Roan, Timo, Daniel Kinzler)
  • Are responsibilities balanced well between ArchCom members?
  • Which RFCs are listed as "needs triage"?