Architecture committee/2016-05-25

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda timeline[edit]

  • Intro
    • Agenda bashing and action item check 21:00 (5 minutes)
    • Last week+this week’s RfC office hour 21:05 (5 minutes)
  • RFC status update
    • RfC inbox triage 21:10 (10 minutes)
    • Shepherd assignments 21:20 (5 minutes)
    • Queue for future RfC office hours 21:25 (5 minutes)
  • Wrapup
    • Other business 21:30 (10 minutes)
    • Next week’s ArchCom agenda 21:40 (10 minutes)

Agenda details/Meeting summary[edit]

This section equates to the "meeting summary" section in the meeting note template. It's collaboratively edited during the meeting and serves as the official public notes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions). Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting (E187)? RobLa probably should chair this one.
  • New inbox item: T135963 Add support for Content-Security-Policy (CSP) headers in MediaWiki
    • Tim, Tim, Gabriel: needs a meeting
    • T135963 as next week’s candidate
  • How does the rest of the ArchCom-RfCs board look?
  • Shepherd roundtable:
    • Brion, Daniel, Roan
    • Gabriel
      • Busy with other work
    • RobLa
      • T135963 looks interesting to me (not shepherding though)
      • Make triage process work a little bit better.  I don’t have a specific item I can point to right now
    • Tim
      • Replacing Tidy should involve discussion with the community.  No new technical issues
    • Timo
      • Section anchors - will update
      • CSP - T135963 - Will shepherd
      • Local storage abstraction T121646 working with Fundraising on this to move cookies into local storage; not an RFC yet, but may become one.
  • Do we have anything read to enter "final comment period"?
  • Do we have a robust queue of RFCs to discuss at future IRC discussions?
    • Timo believes T135963 should be 2 weeks from now at the earliest (W23)
  • For each upcoming meeting, do we anticipate the RFC moving into "final comment"?
  • What is the most important thing each ArchCom member is shepherding? Anything blocked? Are responsibilities balanced well?

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)

  • Continue last week's conversation about ArchCom-RFC speed
    • Does “on track” make sense as a new column, or should we apply more scrutiny to the items “under discussion”?
    • What should we do with the conversations that are "not on track"? More agressively mark them as "stalled"?
    • What does it mean for something to be in the "Backlog" column?
    • ACTION: RobLa to make proposal
  • Use Conpherence rooms for proto working groups?
    • Z425 - public triage meeting
    • Security conpherence room still alive (though very restricted membership)
    • Should we suggest a public FESG Conpherence room?
    • What about watchlist collaboration?
    • Software quality working group?
    • Gabriel suggests content composition.
    • ACTION: Gabriel to start “content composition” working group
  • Next week's ArchCom

generated from Architecture committee/MeetingNoteTemplate