Architecture committee/2016-05-11

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda timeline[edit]

  • Intro
    • Agenda bashing and action item check 21:00 (5 minutes)
    • Last week+this week’s RfC office hour 21:05 (5 minutes)
  • RFC status update
    • RfC inbox triage 21:10 (10 minutes)
    • Shepherd assignments 21:20 (5 minutes)
    • Queue for future RfC office hours 21:25 (5 minutes)
  • Wrapup
    • Other business 21:30 (10 minutes)
    • Next week’s ArchCom agenda 21:40 (10 minutes)

Agenda details/Meeting summary[edit]

This section equates to the "meeting summary" section in the meeting note template. It's collaboratively edited during the meeting and serves as the official public notes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions).  Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

10 minutes (starting 21:00 UTC)
  • Action items
    • Older action items
      • Roan to talk to Timo about ArchCom status
      • T120164 - RobLa to issue last call on last calls (done)
      • RobLa to create "last call" column on ArchCom board (called "Final comment", per T123606 )
      • ACTION: RobLa: create #ArchCom-Approved tag (T133803)
  • Last week’s RfC office hour
    • ArchCom-RFC office hour: 2016-05-04: E169 (E66/33)
      • T130528: RFC: PSR-6 Cache interface in Mediawiki core (declined)

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting? Tim chairing, RobLa to support.
  • Conclude last week's "final comment period"? Do we have anything that should enter "final comment"?
  • Do we have a robust queue of RFCs to discuss at future IRC discussions?
  • For each upcoming meeting, do we anticipate the RFC moving into "final comment"?
  • How does ArchCom-RfCs board look?
    • Where should anything in the inbox go?
  • What is the most important thing each ArchCom member is shepherding? Anything blocked? Are responsibilities balanced well?
    • Brion
    • Daniel
      • Multicontent revision
      • DI is moving - Dependency Graph
      • T89733 - Stas is working on this
      • Nominates T102476
    • Gabriel
      • No changes
      • PDF rendering maybe
    • Roan
      • Big release tomorrow (cross wiki notifications)
    • RobLa
      • ACTION: RobLa: create #ArchCom-Approved tag (T133803)
      • Forming working group? T123606
    • Tim
      • T89331 - Replacing Tidy - no RFC meeting needed for this
    • Timo
      • Discussion around standardized JS access (T108655)
      • Working with Volker on FESG
      • ResourceLoader changes
    • Priorites
    • https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E170#1989
    • Daniel Nominates T102476 - requirement gathering for next steps
    • RobLa to shepherd T102476

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)

  • ArchCom Retrospective: E177
    • Next thing to focus on: getting working groups started (T123606)
    • What? (i.e. which groups)?
      • Security working group?
        • Tim chairing, Timo and RobLa in support
        • Z411
        • Meetings would be good, but not sure.
          • ACTION: Tim to talk to Chris, Darian, and Brian about meeting frequency
      • Software quality?
      • Language working group?
      • Others?
    • How?
  • Next week's ArchCom
    • ACTION: RobLa - make compelling agenda for next week.