An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- Agenda bashing and action item check 21:00 (5 minutes)
- Last week+this week’s RfC office hour 21:05 (5 minutes)
- RfC inbox triage 21:10 (10 minutes)
- Shepherd assignments 21:20 (5 minutes)
- Queue for future RfC office hours 21:25 (5 minutes)
- Other business 21:30 (10 minutes)
- Next week’s ArchCom agenda 21:40 (10 minutes)
- Action items
- (anything from last week (E157)?)
- Daniel: talk about setting up a working group for DI
- Last week+this week’s RfC office hour
- RFC Status Update editing
- See below
- Queue for future RfC office hours:
- Other business 0:30 (10 minutes)
- Gabriel out next week.
- Next week’s ArchCom agenda 0:40 (10 minutes)
RFC "Needs shepherd" column
- T30085: RFC: Allow user login with email address in addition to username: Last update October. Issue is email addresses associated with multiple accounts. Possibly related to AuthManager work.
- ACTION: RobLa - comment on task T30085 (done)
- T128352: RfC: Need to merge Notifications and Watchlist or lack thereof: Very much a product question.
- ACTION: Gabriel to comment. (done)
- T39902: RFC: Implement rendering of redlinks in Parsoid HTML as post-processor
- ACTION: Gabriel to comment (done)
- T130528: RFC: PSR-6 Cache interface in Mediawiki core: Addshore and Anomie have been working on this recently.
- ACTION: Daniel to comment (done)
Entering Final Comment Period
No RFCs entered FCP this week.
This week's IRC meeting
- T130567 RFC: Hygienic transclusions for WYSIWYG, incremental parsing & composition,
- T114444 DOM scopes, and T114445 Balanced templates: (Tim) The discussion exposed two main questions: 1) How to best resolve content model conflicts, and 2) whether to (eventually) default to balanced templates or not. The implementation in T114445 proposes a solution to mark specific templates for balancing, and explores two options for conflict resolution. The discussion will continue on the tasks.
Next week’s IRC meeting
- T91162 Shadow namespaces (brion): A proposed mechanism for sharing content like templates or modules cross-wiki, similar to how InstantCommons and foreign file repos work. Kunal is getting ready to work on this.