Architecture committee/2014-10-22

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

People present: Tim, Brion, Mark, Daniel, Roan

Pending action items[edit]

  • Roan to tell FSG meeting that they should update template RFC with their recommendation so ArchCom can actually decide on it
  • Tim to ask Rachel about dev summit schedule, number of rooms, time available for arch discussion, etc. Ask Rachel to attend next week's committee meeting about this.
  • Tim to ask Rachel and/or Robla about invitation lists
    • Rachel says they are meeting this week or next week or both to make initial plans, and will get back to us when they have something for us to do
  • Brion to draft expansion email today
  • brion: flesh out Graph rfc w/ Yuri
    • not done yet
  • Tim to write RFC on merging enhanced recentchanges with normal RC
    • Consider: paging sucks. Pure client-side possible?
    • not done yet

RFCs to triage[edit]

RFC scheduling[edit]

This week (Oct 22)[edit]

  • Scoped language converter
  • HTML templating library

Next week (Oct 29)[edit]

  • Core user preferences
  • Redesign user preferences
    • make a call for folks to work on it:
    • needs someone from core to work on core bloat
    • needs someone from ui/frontend to help with cleanup and ux design
  • Isolate custom jQuery libraries
    • needs Timo :)

Other business[edit]

  • On finding resources for RFC implementation: Tim suggests having phab tasks for RFC-related project proposals
  • Phabricator-based management of RFCs:
   ** Tim to Import all RFCs into phabricator
   ** Quim to make RFC project
   

New action items[edit]

  • brion: catch up with jon robson about the html templating rfc blurb to update it to current changeset & upcoming plans
  • [?] start putting approved RfCs into phabricator for tracking
    • -> start priotizing
  • brion: start an Arch/RfC entry in Scrum of Scrums for cross-team asks
  • Tim to ask S Page about "Need to merge Notifications and Watchlist or lack thereof"
    • You may wish to CC Danny Horn, he's the product manager for Echo/Flow
  • brion: prep some agenda items for Summit in January: make sure we have some plans for how to deal with RfCs that are basically feature requests; bump them to functional teams for work once we've determined there's no arch problem?
  • Tim to write RFC on merging enhanced recentchanges with normal RC
  • Tim to Import all RFCs into phabricator