API talk:Siteinfo

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Results Info[edit]

This article lists results info in with the parameters, which makes browsing the parameters themselves a bit unwieldy. Few, if any, other pages document the possible results, though I can see where an exception might make sense for Siteinfo, given the amount of information it can return. Does anyone have any opinions on what should be done with this? I'm thinking we should move it into a "Results" section, then add third-level headers under that to make it clear which section is being documented. Then, we can just bulk-move the result info into the relevant subsections. The alternative is to just remove it entirely, but that seems like it would be moving backwards. If anything, I think we should be doing more to document possible output, not less. Robin Hood  (talk) 21:37, 19 April 2015 (UTC)

I've now added the results in a separate section. I only documented those results that seemed non-obvious. If there's anything I missed where the obvious isn't so obvious, feel free to let me know and I'll add it. Robin Hood  (talk) 01:45, 15 July 2015 (UTC)

ASK[edit]

Hello, I want to get statistic number of article on wikipedia, I use
/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&meta=siteinfo&callback=&siprop=statistics&siinlanguagecode=id
It gets result:

/**/({
    "batchcomplete": "",
    "query": {
        "statistics": {
            "pages": 39447793,
            "articles": 5163029,
            "edits": 831832882,
            "images": 856923,
            "users": 28349988,
            "activeusers": 125516,
            "admins": 1309,
            "jobs": 45688,
            "queued-massmessages": 0
        }
    }
})

But, I want to get statistic of wikipedia bahasa Indonesia. How to get it? Please Aris riyanto (talk) 05:43, 30 May 2016 (UTC)

Just use their URL instead of the English Wikipedia: https://id.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&meta=siteinfo&callback=&siprop=statistics&siinlanguagecode=id Robin Hood  (talk) 06:21, 30 May 2016 (UTC)

invalidusernamechars or username restrictions incomplete or incorrect[edit]

What is the difference between and invalidusernamechars and Restrictions on usernames? Niedzielski (talk) 22:10, 18 January 2017 (UTC)

I just updated the page, which may give you a bit better of an idea. Basically, invalidusernamechars is the same as $wgInvalidUsernameCharacters, and is just one of the restrictions on usernames. Without digging through the code, I'm not entirely sure why some of the others aren't incorporated in the same setting, but I'll assume there's a good reason. Robin Hood  (talk) 06:08, 19 January 2017 (UTC)

namespaces canonical element[edit]

in namespaces list, "canonical" element documented as boolean, but it's not a boolean, it's a string. --Smalyshev (WMF) (talk) 00:07, 28 January 2017 (UTC)

You're right. Thank you! Robin Hood  (talk) 19:43, 28 January 2017 (UTC)