(Redirected from API:Query - Meta)
|This page is part of the MediaWiki Action API documentation.|
GET request to fetch information which is not associated with pages (metadata).
Metadata may include site information, information about the currently logged-in user and contents of interface messages, among others.
To make a meta query, add
meta as a parameter to your request, with its value being the submodule to fetch the information you need, i.e
To fetch information from several submodules in one request, use pipe-separated values like so:
See individual meta submodules below for examples on how to use meta:
- In addition to meta submodules on MediaWiki core, there are also submodules from extensions that may help get more metadata. For a list which includes these submodules, see Special:ApiHelp/query.
- Meta submodules cannot be used as a generator.
- API:Lists - Lists of pages that match certain criteria.
- API:Properties - Properties of pages, including page revisions and content.
- API:Query - Fetch data from and about MediaWiki.