User talk:Sharihareswara (WMF)
Need help 
This is Priyanka Nag from Pune, India.I was interested in participating in the Outreach Program for Women Internship organized by GNOME. Since I am more interested in documentation, I chose to work on " Documenting noteworthy local templates, gadgets and styles in various projects". Since you were one of the signed-in mentors, I thought you could probably help me deciding what could be a good contribution to the project before the application is filled in. Priyanka Nag (talk)
- Hi, Priyanka! For this particular project I suggest you contact Amir Aharoni, who is interested in mentoring that project. Thanks! Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 15:29, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
My name is Ketaki,from Pune (India). I came across the outreach program for Women.
However I do not have an engineering background, but I am really interested in the same.
I have completed my Masters(MBA) in management (Human resource & International Business) How do I apply???
- Hi, Ketaki Pole. Please read the Intro tasks section of the Outreach Program for Women page. Once you have decided on a project, talk to a mentor to get a small task, and complete it. This practical step will be the most important piece of your application. Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 13:33, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
- I did go through the projects but all of them require programming and designing/ Software knowledge. I ain't Technical person.
- Ketaki Pole, I don't think you read that page very thoroughly. Please look again, especially at the Communications tasks. Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 13:46, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
Re Images in the wrong place 
Grace Hopper event 
Your user page 
Hi Sumana! I've updated your user page to use the new User info template, both on this wiki and at Foundation wiki. If you don't like anything, feel free to edit or revert, it is your user page after all. ;-) The Helpful One 21:55, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
Requested note 
Hello and thank you for all of your assistance!
You requested that I leave you a note here, so I figured I would just link to the relevant discussions:
- User talk:Cmcmahon(WMF)#Global_AbuseFilter_on_beta.wmflabs.org
- Request on beta
- Related but distinct proposal for a similar feature to be enabled on the "live" Wikimedia sites (this is why I want it enabled on beta, to test it)
FYI Bug 42170 Ref: Upcoming software changes: mr.wikipedia has overlays issues 
- Ref: Upcoming software changes - please report any problems 
- Editing articles on mr.wikipedia has overlays issues for anon users, makes text unreadable
- Please refer Bug Bug 42170 at bugzila
Please do have a look at the same.
Greeting and Best wishes
Thanks and Regards
A thank-you test. 
Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 04:26, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
Extension shepherding 
ashighlighting is not published anywhere. http://ascend4.org/index.php?title=Special:Version - Amgine (talk) 20:08, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
Developer access 
Hi! I want to ask why I failed to log in the Developer access. I have asked for a new password and it gave me a new password, but when I log in, it said: There was either an authentication database error or you are not allowed to update your external account. Chihonglee (talk) 11:56, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know! Please ask in our chat channel for instant help. Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 02:05, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
Updating Developers/Maintainers 
Here you said to update the page about our addition and whatnot, but none of the extensions in question are such that might be considered 'key' or deployed by the WMF. Is there a more relevant place to list such things, or is this the sort of thing nobody cares about anyway? -— Isarra ༆ 08:19, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
Git/Gerrit access 
Question on IP access of registered editors 
Hi. Please help with my doubts regarding the privacy issues in accessing the IP addresses of registered Wiki editors from the revision history of a page. Such a need may arise in the implementation of my IEG proposal. I have 2 doubts:
- If the tool is developed as a MediaWiki gadget, will it have access to the IPs of editors through MediaWiki APIs?
- If it is developed as a standalone application, is there a way of accessing the IPs of page editors without violating any privacy terms?
Though I have tried to address the privacy concerns here, your inputs on these will be valuable. Thanks.
Basil. 17:20, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
March Grants News 
Wikivoyage at wmflabs 
Hi Sumana, I opened a request for help at wmflabs. Not sure it will get noticed. Basically, I'd like someone to install Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector on the wmflabs en.Wikivoyage test wiki for me and give me admin flag so that I can configure the extension. Maybe set up test versions of all the other language versions of Wikivoyage, too, or at least one other so I can test switching between it and en.Wikivoyage using the extension. I'm hoping to figure out a configuration that will let us use that extension as a way to switch among the 13 language versions of Wikivoyage. Could you give me help there, or let me know who can help me get this set up? Thanks! --Rogerhc (talk) 23:14, 11 April 2013 (UTC)