$iswatch by default 
I'm having a hard time trying to put the $iswatch check box checked by default whenever i insert a new article or edit an existing one.
I know that is something to do with this:
$wgHooks['ArticleSaveComplete'] = array($iswatch=true); $wgHooks['ArticleSave'] = array($iswatch=true); $wgHooks['ArticleInsertComplete'] = array($iswatch=true);
Could you help me?
- So you want to always watch pages that you edit? If you just want to do this for yourself, you can go to "My Preferences" up in the top right of the wiki, then click "Watchlist", then check the boxes to add all pages you edit or create to your watchlist. If you run your own wiki and want this to happen for every user, you can edit your wiki's LocalSettings.php file and set the Manual:$wgDefaultUserOptions variable.
- I don't think you can force this to happen every time a page is edited using an extension. In the hooks you listed above, the $iswatch variable isn't actually used for anything. See Manual:Hooks/ArticleSave for more details. --Cneubauer 14:09, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
something like this?
$wgDefaultUserOptions['watchdefault'] = 1;
- Yeah, that should do it. --Cneubauer 13:03, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
SourceForge access 
I try german, since your name looks german.
gebe Dir gerne Zugriff auf SourceForge, bin gerade aus dem urlaub zurück.
- Thanks! --Cneubauer 19:09, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
Editing ACLs 
I`m a trainee at Sun Microsystems in Munich. I`ve downloaded and installed the Extension:Configuration to configure the LocalSettings.php. Now I`ve some trouble because I need some more features to edit.
I need a option to edit ACLs.
$wgPermissionACL = array( 'group' => 'sc1admin', 'namespace' => array(101, -1), 'action' => '*', 'operation' => 'permit');
I want to create some new ACLs, delete ACLs and edit ACLs like this ACL.
How can I make this ACL editable?
Und noch einmal auf Deutsch, wenn das Englische doch nicht so versändlich war ;)
Ich habe das Problem, dass meine ACL Listen editierbar sein müssen. Ich habe den Verdacht, dass man das nicht so ohne weiteres hinbiegen kann, weil die ACLs Arrays sind. Gibt es dennoch eine Möglichkeit die ACLs, von denen ich einige in meiner LocalSettings.php habe, über die Weboberfläche abrufbar und editierbar zu machen?
- Sorry Marcus, I'm probably not going to update it any time soon. I was using the extension as part of a project I was working on that I'm not really working on any more. You might try modifying the code yourself. It basically just does regular expression replacements. --Cneubauer 13:44, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for your reply, I`ll do my best and now I`ve something to go on (regular expression replacements).
the difference between two data in wikipedia dump 
Hi, I contact you because the last revision of page_table explaination was written by you. I just want to ask the difference between the rev_timestamp and page_touched. The definition will be help me to my analysis in wikipedia, thanks very much.
Zeyi 18:15, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Reading page table and revision table, it sounds like the page_touched field is updated any time a page is rendered. So if a template in the page changes or the page is purged by a user or for any other reason the page needs to be reparsed. rev_timestamp is only updated when a revision is saved. Hope that helps. --Cneubauer 14:12, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
Some stroopwafels for you! 
|Thanks for your contributions to the MediaWiki community. Sumanah 18:40, 5 October 2011 (UTC)|
Heiya, I just realised that you transferred this extension to SVN and do some work on it. Thus I updated the extension's page. I hope this is ok with you. Cheers --[[kgh]] 14:10, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks. Yeah, I didn't update the page myself because I still want to make a couple changes to the code. Probably okay though. --Cneubauer 18:46, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- It was a pleasure. I will not get in your way doing changes to the code. Actually you now have more time to do so. :) The status could be changed to experimental in case you think it is not ready for beta yet. Cheers --[[kgh]] 20:05, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- No problems really. Feel free to modify the page as you see fit. I'd rather it be up to date. Some developers asked me to rename the extension UploadLocal instead of SpecialUploadLocal so I did that. Probably need to update the page for that too or create a new extension page. Thanks again. --Cneubauer 19:21, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- It think it was a good idea to rename the extension. I just moved the documentation page to the new name and amended a couple of things. I believe that there is no need to "dublicate" contents. Cheers --[[kgh]] 21:39, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
Please excuse me if it's not the best way to get in touch with you but there's no contact in
$wgExtensionCredits; I believe that adding
if(!$dh) return $filenames; in
getFilenamesOfFilesInDirectory would prevent an infinite loop of warnings. (700Mo if Apache-file-logging). Drzraf2 18:48, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, I added that to the code. --Cneubauer 11:54, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
I've added some more suggestions in Extension_talk:UploadLocal, hope you follow it :)
- I do now. Thanks. I committed the two changes on the talk page. Do you have any interest in getting commit access and adding code updates directly? It's not that hard of a process if you are interested. --Cneubauer 12:58, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
Upcoming developer meetings 
Hi, Cneubauer! Do you think you might come to any upcoming MediaWiki developer meetings? It would be cool to meet you. (If you want to come to Wikimania for the hackathon, scholarships are available and the deadline is 16 February.) Best, Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator 13:03, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- If my schedule allows, I'm going to try to make Wikimania this year. Thanks for asking. --Cneubauer 16:36, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you! 
|The Technical Barnstar|
|Hi Cneubauer, this little barnstar is to show my appreciation for your work on the PDF Export extension. Thank you very much. Cheers [[kgh]] (talk) 21:42, 9 July 2012 (UTC)|
Hi. I was getting read to create your Word2MediaWikiPlus repository, but I wasn't quite sure where it should live. As best I understand it, this isn't a MediaWiki extension (so wouldn't belong in mediawiki/extensions/*). Is this the case? If so, does mediawiki/tools/Word2MediaWikiPlus sound like a reasonable location? ^demon (talk) 15:31, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah that makes sense since it's not a MediaWiki/PHP extension. I could push it to github or something instead if that would make more sense. I just want to get it somewhere where more people can work on it. --Cneubauer (talk) 12:07, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, realistically, I need to find someone else to maintain the repo long term. Let's hold off on creating it until I can talk to some other folks about that. Thanks. --Cneubauer (talk) 12:08, 23 October 2012 (UTC)