- Extension:ProtectSource (idea and maintenance, originally coded by User:Lhridley)
My Extension Requests
Not everything here might be a "real extension", could also be a patch etc. I have no problems changing the MW core data.
If you think you could code one of these extensions, pls offer me a first guessed price.
Please don't question the usefulness of my requested features. It makes sense for my site, otherwise I wouldn't request them ;)
The requests are well thought about and the requested details should def be given by you, although other ideas solving it are welcome.
I'd welcome if you "release" the extension you have written officially on mediawiki.org for later usage / updates etc.
Extension:AjaxRatingScript is full of bugs and most people are not able to install it. Devs are only communicating on their own wiki which is horror. So pls don't tell me to suggest it there.
I'd like a rating system that is fully integrated in the wiki:
- Option for admin to decide if only logged in users can rate or everybody (while considering only registered users is more safe against abuse)
- Each rating section on an article page should have some link "Details" (link to different page or better as collapsible NavFrame)
- See who else voted how (with linked users name and his ratings)
- Update your vote: see your own rating (simply bold in above "users who rated" list) and enable updating it by simply rating again
- Special page for
- "Best rated articles" listing the best 50 | 100 | 250 | 500 rated articles of the wiki
- Unrated articles
- Integration on user profile: A user should be able to add some code on his profile page so "My favourites" are displayed: (5 | 10 | 25 | 50) best rated atricles by User...
- Option for admin to display the rating behind article links on categories. Combined with that: Option to sort articles in a category by rating
- Some smart way to delete all votes by abusers (e.g. users who obviously rate everything worst or best to manipulate results)
Update: Meanwhile my "standards" for a proper rating extension raised: Extension_talk:Rating_Bar#A_few_thoughts ;)