PERSONAL INFORMATION 
University of Hyderabad
- Dr. RML Avadh University
- Banaras Hindu University
- NIH Bethesda USA
- CSIR-SRF 2006-2008 (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi)
- UGC-SRF 2005-2006 (Dept. of Medicine, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India)
- UGC-JRF 2003-2005 (Dept. of Medicine, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India)
- GATE-2002 ( Indian Institute of Sciences, Banglore, India)
- ICMR-JRF-2001 (Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, India).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE 
- LECTURER: Department of Biotechnology, Government Polytechnic, Faizabad, India, during 2001-2002 sessions.
- PAST POSITION: Worked as Scientist in the Department of Medicine, IMS, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi in NIH-TMRC project funded by NIH-USA May 2008- Dec 2008.
PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS 
- Alti Dayakar, Sambamurthy Chandrasekaran, Vijay kumar Prajapati, Jalaja Veronica, Shyam Sundar, Radheshyam Maurya. A rapid method to assess the stage differentiation in Leishmania donovani by flow cytometry. Experimental Parasitology 132 (2012) 495–500.
- R Maurya, D Alti, C Sambamurthy, JV Rani. A risk of visceral leishmaniasis in case of helminths co-infection in endemic regions. Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Sciences 2 (4) 2012 47-50.
- Dayakar, S. Chandrasekaran, J. Veronica, and R. Maurya Role of leptin in human visceral leishmaniasis? Medical Hypotheses 77 (2011) 416–418.
- Shalini Gautam*, Rajiv Kumar*, Radheshyam Maurya*, Susanne Nylén, Nasim Ansari, Madhukar Rai, Shyam Sundar, and David Sacks. Direct demonstration of the anti-parasitic effect of IL-10 inhibition in splenic aspirates from patients with visceral leishmaniasis. Journal of Infectious Disease 2011, 204 (7), 1134-1137.*First Co-authors.
- Maurya Radheshyam; Mehrotra Sanjana; Prajapati Vijay Kumar; Nylén Susanne; Sacks David; Sundar Shyam. Evaluation of blood agar microtiter plates for culturing leishmania parasites to titrate parasite burden in spleen and peripheral blood of patients with visceral leishmaniasis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2010; 48(5):1932-4.
- Maurya R; Kumar R; Prajapati V K; Manandhar K D; Sacks D; Sundar S; Nylén S. Human visceral leishmaniasis is not associated with expansion or accumulation of Foxp3+ CD4 cells in blood or spleen. Parasite immunology 2010; 32(7):479-83.
- Susanne Nylén, Radheshyam Maurya, Liv Eidsmo, Krishna Das Manandhar, Shyam Sundar, and David Sacks. Splenic accumulation of IL-10 mRNA in T cells distinct from CD4+CD25+ (Foxp3) regulatory T cells in human visceral leishmaniasis. J. Experimental Medicine, 204(4):805-17; 2007.
- S. Sundar, R. K. Singh, S. K. Bimal, K. Gidwani, A. Mishra, R. Maurya, S. K. Singh, K. D. Manandhar, M. Boelaert and M. Rai. Comparative evaluation of parasitology and serological tests in the diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis in India: a phase III diagnostic accuracy study. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 12 (2) 284–289; 2007.
- Shyam Sundar, Radheshyam Maurya, Rakesh K. Singh, K. Bharti, Jaya Chakravarty, Ashish Parekh, Madhukar Rai, Kailash Kumar, Henery Murray. Rapid Noninvasive Diagnosis of Visceral Leishmaniasis in India: Comparison of Two strip Test formats for Detection of Anti-K39 Antibody. J. Clin. Microbiol. 44 (1) 1492 – 05; 2006.
- S. Sundar, R.K. Singh, R. Maurya, B. Kumar, A, Chhabra, V. Singh, and M. Rai. Serological diagnosis of Indian visceral leishmaniasis: direct agglutination test versus rK39 strip test. Trans. R. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg. 100, 533-537; 2006.
- R. Maurya, R. K. Singh, B. Kumar, P. Salotra, M. Rai, and S. Sundar. Evaluation of PCR for Diagnosis of Indian Kala-azar and Assessment of Cure. J. Clin. Microbiol. 43 (7): 3038 – 3041; 2005.
- Susanne Nylén, Radheshyam Maurya, Eiddsmo liv, Shyam Sundar and David Sacks. Are regulatory T cells important in the pathology of human visceral leishmaniasis? American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene, 54 Anuual Meeting 73, (6) (Suppl. S) 37-38, 2005.
- Comparative Evaluation of stage specific Leishmania protein for the diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis using Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay. Radheshyam Maurya, Alti Dayakar, Dominique Manikowski, Sambamurthy Chandrasekaran1, T S J Veronica1, Shyam Sundar. US-India Joint Training Program Workshop at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. 30 Jan - 5 Feb 2011.
- Targeting IL-10 to Treat Visceral Leishmaniasis. Radheshyam Maurya, Susanne Nylén, Krishana Das Mandhar, David Sacks and Shyam Sundar. Published in Worldliesh 4, 2009.
- Evaluation of blood agar microtiter plates for culturing Leishmania parasites from patient’s blood. Radheshyam Maurya, Sanjana Melhotra, Vijay Prajapati and Shyam Sundar. Published in Worldliesh 4, 2009.
- The role of T regulatory cells in Indian visceral leishmaniasis. Radheshyam Maurya Rajiv Kumar, Vijay Kumar Prajapati, Susanne Nylén, Madhukar Rai and Shyam Sundar. Published in Worldliesh 4, 2009.
- Intrinsic Macrophage Sensitivity of different field isolates in respect to Antileishmanialial Drugs. Sanjana Mehrotra, Shalini Gautam, Radheshyam Maurya, Madhukar Rai and ShyamSundar. Published in Worldliesh 4, 2009.
- Study of antigenic leishmanial protein and it's potentiality as diagnostic marker by immunoblot assay. Krishna Das Manadher, Brijesh Kumar, Pankaj Shrivastav, Kamlesh Gidwani, Radheshyam Maurya, MadhukarRai, Shyam Sundar. Published in Worldliesh 4, 2009.
- Comparative Evaluation of Primers for Diagnosis and Prognosis of Visceral Leishmaniasis. Sanjana Mehrotra,Vijay Kumar Prajapati, Y. Ashok Babu, Radheshyam Maurya, Pankaj Srivastav, Manisha Vaish, Madhukar Rai, Shyam Sundar. Published in Worldliesh 4, 2009.
- A micro-culture technique for the isolation of Leishmania parasites from the blood of visceral leishmaniasis patients. Singh, R. K., Kumar, B., Maurya, R. and Sundar, S. (2005). International Training and Research in Emerging Infectious Diseases, Asian Regional Workshop, 8-11 March, 2005 in New Delhi, India
- Usefulness of PCR in diagnosis and prognosis of Visceral leishmaniasis. Chakravarty, J., Maurya, R., Singh, R. K., Kumar, B., Rai, M., Parekh, A. and Sundar, S. (2005) APICON, Mumbai, India.
Radheshyam: University of Hyderabad
Radheshyam: University of Hyderabad Profile
Radheshyam: Google Scholar
Project 1 . To study immunomodulatroy aspect Withania somnifera
My freiends 
Maurya Reserach group
Family Information 
External Link 
http://www.bhu.ac.in. Banaras Hindu University