New Users Assigned Bad ID's
Based on your suggestions I did some digging through the ipblocks and found the bad ID's. Then I ran an experiment where I assigned a new user one of those bad IDs in the user table. The user received the block associated with the bad ID. Then I went back to the ipblocks table and replaced the bad ID with zero and checked to see if the user was still blocked. I saw that the block was gone.
So the solution, from your suggestions and help, is to go through the ipblocks list and replace every bad ID with zero and then there would be no blocks associated with reused ID's.
It's not that hard, I just have to be very careful what I edit. But it seems like the best way to fix the issue.