I recently installed mediawiki for one of my projects. Please help me out on some features.
1. Can we change the background of the vector skin? 2. Can we lock pages? 3. Can we add features/functions at the toolbar (left side)? 4. Wikipedia has a new look for the editing toolbar, can we add it up on our Mediawiki 1.18
-- Raymond G. Herrera
1) yes, you can edit the page "MediaWiki:Vector" in your wiki. There you can add CSS styles, which will override the ones of the vector skin.
2) Yes, you need to be an administrator in MediaWiki to do that. Then you will see a few additional tabs next to "edit" or "view history". "Protect" is the one you want.
3) Yes, the toolbar can be edited from inside the wiki. Go to the page "MediaWiki:Sidebar". You find more information here.
4) What do you mean with "editing toolbar"? I think they use the vector skin. If you use it as well, your wiki should look (nearly) the same.
I am now able to use all of these although its really tough for me cause I'm new to this (cause I'm an Electrical Engineer but I know C and assembly). Thank you very much.
@126.96.36.199: What I mean is this editing toolbar at the top when you click reply? The one in mediawiki is kinda old.
Last thing, do you know sites or materials that I can easily learn how mediawiki has been developed?