[RESOLVED WORKSFORME] "allow all URLs" wont work
Copying from a thead at Project:Support_desk - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Project:Support_desk/Extension:RSS_-_"allow_all_URLs"_wont_work (Wikinaut asked me to do this so the issues for E:RSS stay organized, and LQT move feature hates me)
one problem solved, the next matter appears. Now I want to add a RSS feed extension to my Wiki. As for the installation part, no trouble. I downloaded it here:
According to the RSS.php I got the newest version from April 24th. Now as I wanted to test with the first feed I used this code:
First, I receive this error:
- Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.
After refreshing, the error however changes to a more informative matter:
- http://blog.wikimedia.org/feed/ is not in the whitelist of allowed feeds. There are no allowed feed URLs in the whitelist.
So I googled and I found what caused it - suprise - the URL wasn't added to the whitelist. I did that now and it looks something like this:
$wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "blog.wikimedia.org/feed/";
This should do it for a start. I'm not even thinking about using another feed, I just want to see those fancy WikiMedia news now. But unfortunatly, they wont appear.
- http://blog.wikimedia.org/feed/ is not in the whitelist of allowed feeds. //blog.wikimedia.org/feed/ is the only allowed feed
I tried quite a few things:
* $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "blog.wikimedia.org/feed/"; * $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "http://blog.wikimedia.org/feed/"; * $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "*"; * $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = array( "*" ); * $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = array("*"); * $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = array("blog.wikimedia.org/feed/");
Whatever I do, I don't get it to work. It beheaves very strangly, as I add the array ("*") and it still gives me the same error message with that the feed I want to use is not the one that is on the list (instead of telling me that there aren't any on that list at all). And yes, my WikiMedia version matches the requirements.
What can I do? Thanks in advance, hpH
Hi, please indicate your exact versions:
PHP, MediaWiki, RSS extension.
In my reference installation. it works perfectly.
Make sure to have the correct order of statements (first: require...., then your parameters!) in order to really overwrite the built-in default settings for the whilelist with your wanted values:
require_once("$IP/extensions/RSS/RSS.php"); /* git version from https://github.com/Wikinaut/mediawiki-extension-RSS */ $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = array( "*" ); /* see documentation for security issues */ $wgRSSUrlNumberOfAllowedRedirects = 1; $wgRSSAllowLinkTag = true; $wgAllowImageTag = true;
The bug reporter answered:
MediaWiki: 1.19.1 PHP: 5.3.15 (cgi-fcgi) MySQL: 5.1.61-0+squeeze1-log
Thats that. But I 'figured' out the whats the problem. It is as Bawolff stated, the hoster disabled the function to open the URLs. cURL wouldn't work either and their policy is to keep those ports closed. As long as I am at this provider I won't be able to use the RSS-extension. They mentioned fsockopen as an alternative, but I can't use that as I have not enough of some digital currency there.
Thanks though, as soon as I change the hoster I'll get back to you with feedback.
18.104.22.16815:24, 12 August 2012