||This article is outdated.
PhotoCommons is a plug-in for WordPress allowing easy searching, inserting and maintaining of files from Wikimedia Commons into your blog.
- Get a zip here or check out the latest release from subversion
- Move to your wp-content/plugins folder
- Activate from the plugins section in your admin panel
- Use the little Wikimedia Commons icon in your post panel to search and add your images to your post
- Report bugs here :)
- Loader image has bad transparency when used in the yellow-ish jquery UI modal box (white creepy edges)
- Edit inserted images
- Make images in Wysiwyg mode visual
- Add the image to featured picture instead of directly in the post (using post_image)
- Implement this using checkbox, not as an insert in textarea. Use a hidden custom field (_pluginname_key), using some magic to fill wp_post_thumb (no overwrite)
- Add to WordPress plugin directory, blog about it, do more PR :)