MediaWiki architecture document/How and why/questions
- If you had to pick, what are 5 key decisions MediaWiki's developers made that were very insightful? Why?
- And if you had to pick, what are 5 key decisions MediaWiki's developers made that were, in retrospect, the wrong choice? Why?
- What are MediaWiki's idiosyncrasies? What makes it special compared to other PHP software?
- What would you say were the main milestones in MediaWiki's history?
- What decisions and improvements improved or hurt MediaWiki's performance?
- How would you describe our attitude to backwards compatibility?
- Anything else you think should be included in a document about MediaWiki's architecture and history?