Revision tags are annotations are automatically associated with an edit by the software. They can be displayed by the software in various locations when referring to revisions (such as in the page history, recent changes and other places).
A complete list of all different tags is available on Special:Tags.
[edit | edit source]
Two messages are associated with each tag:
MediaWiki:tag-$name is displayed on revisions with the tag, and
MediaWiki:tag-$name-description is additionally displayed on Special:Tags.
To add a tag to a revision, recent changes entry, or log entry, use
ChangeTags::addTag(). The RecentChange_save hook can be useful for this purpose.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Documentation about Wikipedia tags
- Extensions that define tags
- Database tables: valid_tag, change_tag, tag_summary
- Revision tagging use cases like editing channels, see etherpad:RevisionTags
- Requests for comment/Support for user-specific page lists in core