- CLDR extension is updated to version 26 and entries identical to CLDR have been removed from LocalNamesEn.php
- RTL fixes in core, Echo, Wikibase.
- RTL testing of Flow
- Translate Extension
- Ongoing maintenance
- Improved translation memory performance on ElasticSearch with help of Nik Everett
Rationale[edit | edit source]
If you can't type in your language, or if your operating system doesn't natively have the ability to display your language on the web, you are impeded from reading or editing Wikimedia projects. As Wikimedia reaches into strategic priority regions like India, ensuring that we eliminate all barriers to access and participation is escalating in priority.
Key deliverables[edit | edit source]
Deliverables of this project will likely include:
- Consistent support for web fonts as needed, building on the web fonts extension
- Consistent availability of input methods for all supported languages in any Wikimedia projects (e.g. it should be possible to type in Hindi on the English Wikipedia), building on the Narayam extension
- Support for new input methods (including potentially on-screen keyboards) and new character sets
- Porting/implementing relevant support on mobile devices
- Improvement of RTL support, especially in a bidirectional context
- Resolution of other critical issues, e.g. resolve encoding conflicts with search engines
Timeline[edit | edit source]
- The team formed in July/August 2011, at which point requirements gathering, prioritization and development began to officially kick off.
- You can access the full list of the team's todos for this sprint (two weeks period) on Mingle.
Additional documents[edit | edit source]
- User requirements:
- Software design document:
- Test plan:
- Documentation plan:
- User interface design docs:
- Task management:
- Release management plan:
- Communications plan:
- Status updates