translatewiki.net home page development continues but was deprioritized due to development efforts around changes to the Universal Language Selector. The Mediawiki Language Engineering Bundle (MLEB) was released on April 30; updates include localization updates to Babel, Translate extension improvements, Xliff file format support, and easy access to message tools menu for the translation editor. Please note that MLEB is no longer compatible with Mediawiki 1.19. A Divehi language web font was also added. Specifications for the Language Coverage Matrix dashboard were designed. An internationalization test strategy was presented to and reviewed by the team.
If you can't type in your language, or if your operating system doesn't natively have the ability to display your language on the web, you are impeded from reading or editing Wikimedia projects. As Wikimedia reaches into strategic priority regions like India, ensuring that we eliminate all barriers to access and participation is escalating in priority.
Key deliverables 
Deliverables of this project will likely include:
- Consistent support for web fonts as needed, building on the web fonts extension
- Consistent availability of input methods for all supported languages in any Wikimedia projects (e.g. it should be possible to type in Hindi on the English Wikipedia), building on the Narayam extension
- Support for new input methods (including potentially on-screen keyboards) and new character sets
- Porting/implementing relevant support on mobile devices
- Improvement of RTL support, especially in a bidirectional context
- Resolution of other critical issues, e.g. resolve encoding conflicts with search engines
- The team formed in July/August 2011, at which point requirements gathering, prioritization and development began to officially kick off.
Additional documents 
- User requirements:
- Software design document:
- Test plan:
- Documentation plan:
- User interface design docs:
- Task management:
- Release management plan:
- Communications plan:
- Status updates
Impact Measurement and Metrics 
- Kiwix localisation is supported at translatewiki.net, Gerard Meijssen, Wikimedia blog, August 20th, 2011.
- The Localisation team brings you input methods, Gerard Meijssen, Wikimedia blog, September 15, 2011.
- Babel extension live on the WMF projects, Gerard Meijssen, Wikimedia blog, September 21st, 2011
- ...and more
- IRC office hours
- Localisation development demonstrations (slides on Commons [also for one missing here])