Help talk:Sysop deleting and undeleting
delete "bac ? sable" 
I have a corrupted entry in my database giving a "bac ? sable" instead of "bac à sable". I created a page "bac à sable" but can't delete "bac ? sable" anymore : it's always shown in "all pages". What should I do ? NewMorning 04:23, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- Could be a mediawiki bug, or more likely I guess some problem with character encoding in your database set-up. I don't know. See Communication for other (better) places to ask this question. -- Harry Wood (talk) 11:59, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
Can you use phpMyAdmin to Delete Pages? 
I have dozens of pages, posted by spammers, that cannot be deleted, because of character mismatches like the previous poster's problem. Is there a safe way to remove them from the database using a tool like phpMyAdmin?
-- User:Sakshale 19:20, 28 January 2012
- In general I would recommend against manipulating things in SQL directly (or with phpMyAdmin), and if you do, back up the whole DB first.
- You should know that the revisions table is cross-linked from various other database tables, so just deleting an entry could put your database in an inconsistent state. Maybe a safer thing to do, would be to change the page_title in the Manual:Page table, to something easier like "DeleteMe", then see if that lets you find it and delete it via the normal web interface.
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 12:13, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
Unable to see delete tab 
I have some wrong pages which I want to delete. Though I login as Sysop I am unable to see the delte tab to remove the wrong pages.
- First of all, this page just said 'delete tab' for a long time, but more recent MediaWiki user interfaces changes put the delete option on a little drop-down. You should see 'Delete' as an option alongside 'Move', if you are indeed a sysop.
- Check you are in fact a sysop by going to Special:Listadmins. You should be listed there.
- --Harry Wood (talk) 12:13, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
Simple changes 
I just registered because, sorry, I couldn't help altering a line in the text (I altered before registering). It read wrong. Hope that is okay.
--Reggie Mental 00:07, 29 March 2011 (UTC)