Release status: stable
|Description||Title prefix search suggestion backend|
|Author(s)||Brion Vibber (Brion VIBBERtalk)|
|Last version||continuous updates|
|License||GPL v2 or later|
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
TitleKey extension is a case-insensitive title prefix search plugin by Brion Vibber. It uses a separate table for the keys, so if it works cleanly it can be deployed without an expensive rebuild of core tables, and dumped when Wikimedia gets a nicer backend through Extension:LuceneSearch (pre 1.13) or Extension:MWSearch (1.13+).
For the average site administrator, the benefit of this extension is that it allows search suggestions (e.g. from Opensearch API) to be case-insensitive.
Download[edit | edit source]
You can download the extension directly from the MediaWiki source code repository (browse code). You can get:
- One of the extensions tags
Not all extensions have tags. Some extensions have tags for each release, in which case those tags have the same stability as the release. To download a tag
- Go to the tags list
- Click the name of the tag you want to download
- Click "snapshot"
- The latest version of one of the extensions branches
Each extension has a master branch containing the latest code (might be unstable). Extensions can have further branches as well.
- Go to the branches list
- Click the branch name
- Click "snapshot"
- A snapshot made during the release of a MediaWiki version.
This might be unstable and is not guaranteed to work with the associated MediaWiki version.
After you've got the code, save it into the extensions/TitleKey directory of your wiki.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can obtain the extension, with all its tags and branches, as follows:
cd extensions git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the files in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/TitleKey/TitleKey.php"; $wgEnableMWSuggest = true; #Not needed if using MediaWiki 1.20+
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Run the rebuildTitleKeys.php script (this requires command-line access):
- Done – Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|Language:||English • français|