Test plan[edit | edit source]
This page documents the test plan for various TMH features. You can test out TimedMediaHandler at the test wiki on the beta cluster.
Frontend[edit | edit source]
The following page has a front-end feature overview as wikitext page
The user-facing features need to be tested on multiple browsers. Not all browsers support all features.
Supported Feature/Browser Matrix on Google Docs, will be moved into the wiki once it's finished, but it's much easier to edit over there for now.
Backend[edit | edit source]
The backend features need to be tested with one browser (if they interact with a browser at all).
- Cross-wiki video usage
- Make sure this works when the child wiki has tmh and the source wiki does not
- Failed transcodes
- transcode broken video
- break the transcoder halfway through, see if it recovers
- create permission issues?
- Transcode reset
- All supported input formats (into all appropriate output formats)
- Odd framerates
- Odd bitrates
- Nonstandard frame sizes
- Odd-numbered resolutions, if we can find the videos
- Odd container formats
- Combinations of audio/video codec
Labs test configuration[edit | edit source]
This is, as far as we can tell, a configuration that duplicates production on Commons well enough that testing in it will be meaningful:
- A vm that has the same configuration as a commons app server. Lots of storage isn't necessary, since it'll just have a few test videos on it. Will this do what we want?
- A vm that can act as a scaler for that machine
- At least two vms that can act as transcoders
- A distributed file store backend that matches commons (NFS now, SWIFT later?), and is visible from the transcoders
- A squid in front of everything so we can catch any caching-related bugs
- Set up en.wikipedia.beta to use tmh cross-wiki