Note: This extension does not work with newer versions of MediaWiki, due to the use of $wgMessageCache, which was removed in 1.18.0
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Provides links to popular social bookmarking and news sources.|
|Author(s)||Jim R. Wilson (Jimbojw)|
|Latest version||0.1.4 (2008-01-28)|
|MediaWiki||1.6.x until 1.16.x|
|License||The MIT License|
Translate the ShareThis extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The ShareThis Extension provides links to popular social bookmarking and news sources.
Please see the official project homepage for up-to-date installation notes, usage tips and advanced features.
- Project Homepage
- ShareThis Extension - Jimbojw.com
- Source Code
- ShareThis is released under The MIT License.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download ShareThis, and be sure to rename the downloaded file to ShareThis.php.
- Drop this script in $IP/extensions
- Note: $IP is your MediaWiki install dir.
- Download sharethis-icons.zip or extended version Download
- Extract the archive contents into $IP/skins/common/images (it will create a directory called 'sharethis')
- Enable the extension by adding this line to your LocalSettings.php:
Configuration[edit | edit source]
If you'd like the "Share This" sidebar to be displayed, simply add the following to your LocalSettings.php:
$wgShowShareThisSidebar = true;
Note: This works by hooking into 'MonoBookTemplateToolboxEnd'. If you're using a skin which doesn't call this hook, then the above will not work.
For more configuration options, see the Project Homepage.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Once installed, you can add links to the social bookmarking or news sites to any page.
To do so, simply add the following to the the article where the links are to appear:
extended providerlist incl. icons[edit | edit source]
There is a extended list of 53 providers available incl. needed icons Download