OK, I'm going to use this space to start writing the manual. Its not linked from anywhere yet, hence this informal text.
I'm going to organise the manual in the sub-pages of the Extension:Semantic Forms page. So far the following sub-pages have already been defined:
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Version history
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Code structure
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Example
- Extension:Semantic Forms/MediaWiki red links code change
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Defining new inputs
I think the bulk of the existing content can be similarly moved into sub-pages, but quite some thought needs to be put into that.
Notes on how to break the existing page content into subpages...
- I suggest a tutorial-style approach that documents how to do tasks, while demonstrating the features available. Badon 20:34, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
OK, I'm just going to jump in with the following:
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Manual/The forminput parser function
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Manual/The formlink parser function
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Manual/Special:AddData
- Extension:Semantic Forms/Manual/Preloading data
Just shout at me if you think that's crazy. Wow... I just realised what a massive undertaking this is! I'll just focus on the above.
The above 4 sections of 'the manual' roughly cover two section of the existing documentation:
- Section 10.1. Adding data
- Section 10.2. Preloading data