Release status: stable
|Description||Allows for elections, polls and surveys|
|License||GPL v2 or later|
Translate the SecurePoll extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
The SecurePoll extension is a special page extension for elections, polls and surveys. Currently incomplete, mainly due to the lack of an election setup interface. However it has been used for Wikimedia Foundation Board elections, arbitration committee elections and the Wikimedia license transition vote.
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Currently, to create a new poll, it's required to:
- write an XML file
- import it using the import.php CLI command
in the tests folder you can find four example files:
to import a poll run from the cli folder:
extensions/SecurePoll/cli$ php import.php ../test/3way-test.xml
Now visit Special:SecurePoll and you will see your poll.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|