Release status: beta
|Implementation||Special page, User activity|
|Description||Logs usage of the search box and allows reporting of keyword totals during given time periods|
|Author(s)||Aran Dunkley (Nadtalk)|
|Latest version||1.0.8 (2008-03-20)|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License|
Translate the SearchLog extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The SearchLog extension adds a new special page called Special:SearchLog which allows you to select a period to generate a table of search phrases and their usage count.
Installation[edit | edit source]
First create a directory called SearchLog in your wiki's extensions directory. Then, copy the searchlog source code from OrganicDesign:Extension:SearchLog.php and save it as a file called SearchLog.php into the newly created directory.
Add an include statement into your LocalSettings.php file to include the downloaded SearchLog.php file as usual, for example:
You need to create a subdirectory under;
called logs (the same as your $wgSearchLogPath) and make a file as specified in $wgSearchLogFile. The permissions should be set to
chmod 755 on that file.
Configuration settings[edit | edit source]
Here are some global variables which affect the operation of the extension. These should be set in your LocalSettings file after the include of the SearchLog.php script.
|$wgSearchLogPath||$IP/extensions/SearchLog/logs||The directory into which the search logs will be placed|
|$wgSearchLogFile||$wgSearchLogPath/search.log||The name of the file to log the information to|
|$wgSearchLogDateFormat||%b %Y||The format of the dates displayed in the dropdown list (not the file)|
|$wgSearchLogGroup||empty||If set, restricts viewing of the special page to the specified group|
Sortable Tables[edit | edit source]
I'll add some info about using sortable tables soon, until then see the talk page.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Fatal error: Call to a member function getID() on a non-object in SkinTemplate.php on 1.6.x and 1.7.x (the object in question is $wgArticle, tried setting it to an article if not already set, but that didn't work)
Change log[edit | edit source]
- Version 1.0.8 (2008-3-20): Fixed summing and added links to searched items
- Version 1.0.7 (2008-8-2): added Display raw unicode checkbox
- Version 1.0.6 (2007-12-09): fixed "no such index" bug
- Version 1.0.3: made compatible with improved search-form used in Extension:Simple Forms example