Release status: stable
|Description||Facilitates reviewing and approving new pages|
|Author(s)||Ryan Kaldari, Benny Situ|
Translate the PageTriage extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
Page Triage is an extension that aims to provide a feature-rich interface for triaging newly-created articles. It is intended to replace the new page patrol core function while adding additional functionality for reviewing, tagging, and improving new articles. It is currently being developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Features Engineering team. For additional details see Page Curation.
An important note is that some of the configuration and code is specific to the English-language Wikipedia's workflows and as it's constructed now the extension is pretty much impossible to internationalize: developing a universal, stripped-down version is on our to-do list. (See bugzilla:48552.)
Download[edit | edit source]
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/PageTriage/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the file(s) in a directory called
extensions/folder. If you're a developer and this extension is in a Git repository, then instead you should clone the repository.
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To see the Review button, a user must have the "patrol" right.
See also[edit | edit source]
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|