Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, Page action|
|Description||Gives sysops the ability to mass delete pages.|
|Author(s)||Brion Vibber, Jeroen De Dauw|
|Last version||1.1.7 (2012-10-06)|
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
The Nuke extension makes it possible for sysops to mass delete pages. It was written by Brion Vibber in September 2005. It is running on all Wikimedia sites.
Download[edit | edit source]
You can download the extension directly from the MediaWiki source code repository (browse code). You can get:
- One of the extensions tags
Not all extensions have tags. Some extensions have tags for each release, in which case those tags have the same stability as the release. To download a tag
- Go to the tags list
- Click the name of the tag you want to download
- Click "snapshot"
- The latest version of one of the extensions branches
Each extension has a master branch containing the latest code (might be unstable). Extensions can have further branches as well.
- Go to the branches list
- Click the branch name
- Click "snapshot"
- A snapshot made during the release of a MediaWiki version.
This might be unstable and is not guaranteed to work with the associated MediaWiki version.
After you've got the code, save it into the extensions/Nuke directory of your wiki.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can obtain the extension, with all its tags and branches, as follows:
cd extensions git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the files in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Use[edit | edit source]
Go to Special:Nuke in order to mass delete pages recently added by a user or IP address. The special page is listed under Special:SpecialPages as Mass delete.
You can also specify a pattern for the page title: the field accepts SQL wildcards, like
Logs[edit | edit source]
A log of all deletions is maintained at Special:Log/delete.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Extension:DeleteBatch and the deleteBatch.php maintenance script - Delete multiple pages using a text file containing the names
- Extension:NukeDPL - Delete multiple pages using 'Dynamic Page Lists'
- Manual:DeleteArchivedRevisions.php - Script to permanently blow away pages after deleting them (e.g. after using Extension:Nuke)
- Extension:DeletePagePermanently - Adds a tab for deleting an individual page permanently.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|Language:||English • 日本語 • 한국어 • polski • русский|