||This extension mocks a command line environment, it does not actually execute scripts from the command line. There may be unexpected results due to this fact. Use at your own risk. If you can, you should execute maintenance scripts from the command line instead. Please report any unexpected results on talk page.
MaintenanceShell provides access to the Maintenance scripts via a Special Page.
- Download and extract the files in a directory called "
MaintenanceShell" in your extensions/ folder.
- Add the following code to your LocalSettings.php (at the bottom)
require_once( "$IP/extensions/MaintenanceShell/MaintenanceShell.php" );
- Configure the user rights and grant yourself access to that group from a bureaucrat account.
- Done – Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Configuration parameters 
- By default the extension lists maintenance scripts of MediaWiki core. Change this path to a different directory if you'd like to list different scripts instead (of a certain extension for example).
User rights 
||Do not grant rights to the MaintenanceShell lightly. Maintenance scripts are powerful tools which can have a significant impact on your wiki. They are implemented as command line scripts instead of Special pages because they are irreversible and leave no trace.
- This right (for security reasons not assigned to any group by default) grants the right to use Special:MaintenanceShell.
// Grant access to Special:MaintenanceShell to the "developer" user group:
$wgGroupPermissions['developer']['maintenanceshell'] = true;
// Create a new "maintenanceshell" user group for Special:MaintenanceShell:
$wgGroupPermissions['maintenanceshell']['maintenanceshell'] = true;
This is the change log from before this extension was imported to Git (see commit log for changes made after the Git migration).
You can download these from the tags page.
- Fixed a small bug with the exit callback function introduced in 0.3.0.
- Fixed XSS and CSRF vulnerabilities.
- Moved all strings to the language file to allow for localization.
- Includes German language localization.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Included support for double quote marks ("") which allow for parameters with spaces as well as parameters with null values.
- Added a few links to relevant info on the maintenance shell page.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added message notifying user when MaintenanceShell is incorrectly configured.
- Replaced buggy and annoying password system with Mediawiki based authentication.
- Changed look of interface slightly.