Release status: beta
|Implementation||Parser extension, Tag|
|Description||Adds MailChimp subscription management forms to your wiki. Currently only supports the sign-up form.|
|Author(s)||Andrew Mahr (jamahrtalk)|
|MediaWiki||1.16a, but should work with most recent versions|
|License||No license specified|
|Check usage and version matrix; stats|
This is a really simple bit of code to make insertion of MailChimp forms easy on your wiki. Currently it only supports the sign-up form, but should be easy to add more functionality if you're interested in doing so.
- Download the code and save it under extensions/MailChimpForms/MailChimpForms.php
- Add this line to your LocalSettings.php file:
Insert a form using the new tag
<mailchimpforms> using these parameters.
- prefix: the text that comes before us1.list-manage.com in the URLs that MailChimp uses to manage your lists (usually it is the name of your organization, all lower-case, no spaces)
- account: your 24-character account id with MailChimp. You can get this by looking at the sign-up form code that MailChimp provides you, and looking for the parameter u=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- list: the 10-character id of the list you want the form to work with, found in the same place as the account id above
- type: the type of form to insert, which right now can only be set to
- bordercss: if you want to customize the border around your form, enter the code here, e.g.
1px solid black
- closelink: set to true if you want the "Close" link to appear under your form
<mailchimpforms prefix="mediawiki" account="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx" list="0123456789" type="subscribe" />
will insert a form for a Mediawiki mailing list (fictional) with no border and no "Close" link.