| EditWarning 0.4|
Release status: stable
|Description||Displays a warning if user edits a page/section which is currently being edited.|
|Last version||0.4 (2011-10-28)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Check usage and version matrix; 0.4 code metrics|
What can this extension do?[edit | edit source]
On pages which are being edited by many users simultaneously edit conflicts can easily happen. This extension tries to avoid this problem by showing a warning message if the user edits a page that is being edited by other users at the same time. It's very similar to the MoinMoin Wiki warning with the difference that it doesn't lock the page.
Notice: It's not recommended to use this extension if anonymous users are allowed to edit pages, because it ignores anonymous page edits.
I've written this extension for a MediaWiki installation I maintained some time ago. Because I don't maintain it anymore, this extension won't receive any further major improvements or features. Even bugfixes may take some time. Please be patient or send me a patch.
Licence[edit | edit source]
GNU GPL Version 2.0 or later. (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html)
Source[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Move the folder "EditWarning" to the "extensions" folder of your MediaWiki installation.
- Execute the following SQL statements in your MediaWiki database:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS editwarning_locks ( user_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, user_name varchar(255) NOT NULL, article_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, timestamp int(11) unsigned NOT NULL, section int(2) unsigned NOT NULL, KEY user_id (user_id), KEY article_id (article_id) ) ENGINE=InnoDB; ALTER TABLE editwarning_locks ADD CONSTRAINT editwarning_locks_ibfk_1 FOREIGN KEY (user_id) REFERENCES user (user_id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE, ADD CONSTRAINT editwarning_locks_ibfk_2 FOREIGN KEY (article_id) REFERENCES page (page_id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE;
- Add the following to LocalSettings.php:
- Optional: The default timeout is set to 10 minutes. If you want to change this setting, add this line to your LocalSettings.php (Note: The value is the number of minutes):
$EditWarning_Timeout = 5;
- Optional: The extension hides everything except the editor area (see screenshots). If you don't like this behavior, add this line to your LocalSettings.php:
$EditWarning_OnlyEditor = "false";
Upgrade from 0.3[edit | edit source]
See the UPGRADE file.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- The extension can only recognize the cancel of page editing if the user uses the "Cancel" button. Otherwise the warning will be showed until the timeout (default 10 minutes).
See also[edit | edit source]
- The Ajax Show Editors extension