Release status: stable
|Implementation||Tag, Page action|
|Description||Inputbox designed for page creation|
|Last version||1.6 (2008-06-07)|
|Check usage and version matrix; stats|
CreateBox is a specialized version of Inputbox that focuses on page creation.
If a user were to attempt to create a page that already exists, Inputbox allows the user do so, and disregards any preloaded content or edit introductions. CreateBox, by contrast, directs the user to an error page where they can enter a different page name, and all specified properties are preserved.
CreateBox handles parameters in the same manner as Inputbox. Example:
<createbox> parameter1=value parameter2=value </createbox>
All parameters to CreateBox are optional:
- align: Sets the alignment of the div which contains CreateBox. Defaults to center.
- break: If set to "yes", this inserts a line break between the text field and button.
- buttonlabel: Sets the text of the Create button.
- default: Sets the default text of the input box.
- editintro: Specifies a page title. The given page will be included prior to the submission form in the Edit screen.
- prefix: Specifies a title fragment, which will prefix the submitted title.
- preload: Specifies a page title. The contents of the given page will be preloaded into the submission form.
- width: Sets the width of the input box.
- Download from SVN or the extension distributor.
- Create a folder called CreateBox and put the downloaded files in this folder.
- Extract the new folder to your extensions directory folder.
- Test it with #Parameters and #MediaWiki messages.
Download the code from SVN.
If you want a text box to show default text (without a button of any sort), just delete line 123 out of CreateBox.php
Uses could be to have a line of text too long but to be accessible by users (BBCode to copy and paste outside of wiki) without that text clogging up the page.